Offshore Pipeline Testing
What Is Aqua MTM?
R&D Transkor-K in co-operation with PETROLIAM NASIONAL BERHAD (PETRONAS, Malaysia) have designed a remote controlled device for submerged pipeline testing. The project was called MTM Aqua and it was successfully developed and exploited in production pipeline testing.
The device features magnetic field detectors, several remotely operated video cameras, light sources, and propelling devices.
It is launched from the mother ship but performs maneuvers using its own propelling devices.
The unit is controlled by operator from inside of the mother ship.
Operator navigates the device and checks for the objects that might prevent Aqua MTM to gather the data.
- MTM Guarantees high Probability Of anomaly Detection (POD) level. MTM Technology reliably reveals anomalies related to metal defects of any type within interval of local mechanical stresses in anomaly zones of 0,30÷0,85 Specified Minimum Yield Strength (SMYS) with reliability POD = 80 % for 97% of the pipeline length.
- Declared value of POD for MTM is not less than 80% at mechanical stresses in defective areas (or features of the object) within the range of 30-85% SMYS.
MTM General Limitations
The MTM Technology has limited or no application if one or more of the following conditions are true:
- High level of residual magnetization of pipelines;
- Stresses in the area of anomaly exceeding yield strength;
- Presence of magnetic masses between magnetic field sensors and a pipeline.